Thursday, August 27, 2009

Search Engines

The main way that search engines rank the pages are by the location/frequency method. The search engines will rank the pages depending on where and how frequent the words are on each page. The highest ranking pages are usually ones with the search term in the HTML title tag. Then they will put the ones that have the search terms in the first couple of lines on that page and in the headline. This is better explained at this site http://searchenginewatch.com/2167961. I am not very good at explaining things. I think this has basically answered the second question or maybe I just don't understand it! If the question is about who can make your web page rank higher when searched then there are programs that you can buy that will do this for you. This website has one of these products you can buy http://www.seoelite.com/index2.htm.

My favourite search engine is definitely GOOGLE! Its just so much easier to use. I usually only search for general things that aren't really important so google finds me what I want. Maybe it would be wiser to use different search engines for searching different things but I tend to stick to Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment