Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Internet Experience

HeLLo Digital People..
This post is about my experience with NCT's. Well just the Internet really.
The first time I used the Internet was when I was about 8. I used to use it to make word puzzles to take to class and share with my friends. It was off some silly site that made find-a-words with the words that you wanted. We all thought it was quite amazing that our names and favourite things were in a find-a-word! Ridiculous to me now I don't do that anymore! Now the Internets purpose for me is to keep in contact with all my friends and family that seem to be all over the world! If it wasn't for social networking sites like Facebook, Bebo, Zebo, Hi5, MySpace, Flixster... I wouldn't be able to keep in contact with my family who live everywhere from here to New Zealand and England. These sights are also a good way to catch up on the competitive rivalry that is missing now that your older brothers live in different places. Although it isn't as good as playing the Playstation in the same room, some games on these sights enable a satisfactory game experience. I have now conquered my family in Pet Society, Restaurant and Vampires. I think they abandoned the first 2 games already but they still want to be the head vampire of the clan!
My first experiences with online chat was definitely on MSN Messenger. This new way of chatting was favoured by my mum as she didn't have to worry about me clogging the phone line anymore with conversations recapping the day at school with my girlfriends. Now we could just type to each other and have cute little pictures of yellow circles with smiles on them. I don't think my mum really liked it though when I was still up early the next morning gossiping about what the snob said to the popular girl which made the weird girl cry.
Privacy has never been an issue for me when I use Facebook or Bebo. I tend not to say really personal stuff on here for people to see. The only time I was worried about privacy was when my Mum was peeping over my shoulder trying to read my 'secret' messages from my friends. She would have freaked if she knew what they said. What parent wouldn't be angry if they found out their daughter was holding hands with a boy at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment